Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Replacing Custom Content Center Family Template

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gcooper79
367 Views, 3 Replies

Problem with Replacing Custom Content Center Family Template

Hi All,

I had copied a pipe family from from the Ansi library to my own custom library so I could change the description and add more materials.  up until recently the part was working correctly, it was only after my collegues asked if I could set the pipe so that it would be placed into the assemblies with adaptivity enabled that my problem occurred.

I placed an instance of the pipe into an assembly and called it XXXXX-MKX-XX ( Our standard format for pipe names), I then enabled the pipe adaptivity in the ipt. file and replaced the family template with this new part.

The problem that some, not all of my collegues are experiencing is that when they place a pipe from the content center and save the part as 04041-MK01-01 for example, is that the member name displayed in the browser bar appears as XXXXX-MKX-XX.

When my other collegues place the exact same pipe family into an assembly the member name appears as the file name the part was saved as.

Does anyone know what is causing this,?

Thanks in advance,

Graeme

Windows XP Pro x4 Edition SP2

Inventor 2010

Regards,
Graeme
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pauldoubet
in reply to: gcooper79

Check to make sure all of you are on the same Service Pack. There was a bug that caused the original family template file name to display in the browser instead of the part number. If you go to the Service Pack and Download area you might be able to find the SP that mentions this. I don't remember which version of Inventor this was occurring with except that I believe it was 2010.

Hope this helps, Paul

Message 3 of 4
gcooper79
in reply to: pauldoubet

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have checked the SPs and it appears the person that was having the problem is on SP3 whilst the ones who didn't, haven't installed any SPs.  I had a look at the SPs in the download area but couldn't find any that would fix this problem (or maybe I don't understand the wording of each SP). 

I tried to migrate the library in question to 2011 to see if that would fix it, but it still occurs.   I would be grateful for any other suggestions.

Thanks once again,

Graeme

Regards,
Graeme
Message 4 of 4
pauldoubet
in reply to: gcooper79

I believe that problem was actually introduced by a SP, if I remember correctly. I also believe there is a hot fix for that. I looked but could not find it at this time. Contact your dealer or Autodesk and they should be able to help.

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report