Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem saving and checking in iams

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
e.koppenol
854 Views, 2 Replies

Problem saving and checking in iams

Hi all,

We (me and 4 collegues) have been having problems for over month now and it is an unworkable situation:

I have Machine.iam with all children checked out, except for company-library-parts and Content Centre parts.

After changes to non library parts and checking in machine.iam (with 1 or more company librarie .iams in it) Inventor says: machine.iam and (x) dependent files must be saved.before they can be checked in.save and continue?

Answering Yes -> Inventor says: One or more documents have been modified but save was unsuccessful. You must save the document prior to check in. (but I did save before check in!).  Only option is to press cancel..

All filenames of library.iams in the vaultlist in inventor are turned red with an * behind the filename stating they have changed.(?) Somehow inventor thinks the library.iam haved changed in this machine.iam..

If i do this again with all included children checked out, but not the library files, the result is the same.

I tried to find out what is wrong with these library-parts (all library.iams (?)) so I opened a few of these library.iam (with the librarie.ipj) and the update button is greyed out so there are no changes..

We “solve” this now by closing the machine.iam, inventor then asks: save changes?, press Yes, an new window pops up: file “machine.iam” is checked out to you. Do you want to check it in now?, press Yes, a new window pops up asking which files you want to check in: machine.iam and all checked out parts in it, press OK and all will be checked in.

But this only works with files that are already in the vault, not with new drawings of iams.

We used to have the problem after saving an part or assembly -> Inventor would ask after pressing close: do you want to save, as if the first save didn’t work.. Now we have a bigger problem..

Also sometimes checking out include children only includes all direct children and not also children of children..

Anybody knows an solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Ed

Inventor 2011 suite 64 bit
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
HP Z400
Intel quadCore @3.2GHz
12 GHz Ram

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
coreyparks
in reply to: e.koppenol

I would create another project file that accesses your libraries as workgroups or your workspace so that you can open and edit them.  Simply open and save them and hopefully the problem will go away.  Question for you.  Do you run any custom VB on your files at any time? 

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 3 of 3
e.koppenol
in reply to: coreyparks

Thanks for a possible solution but I tried that and nothing has changed.

Also tried this before i got your reply, but i think this is the same: While libray.ipj was loaded, i made an assembly with all company-library.iams in it. Checked out all iam's and tried to update. But update button was greyed out, so i presume the was nothing to update.. 

Somehow when using the vault projectfile: the machine itself with company-library.iams in it changes these iams.(?).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report