Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem creating sweep with profile and 2d sketch...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
hheng1111
1959 Views, 4 Replies

Problem creating sweep with profile and 2d sketch...

I have what i thought would be a simple sweep. I've created a profile for the sweep along with a path. As you'll see in the photo i've attached, i started the path on a projected plane that intersects the plane the profile was created on. When i click OK, I keep getting an error message that reads "Creat Sweep Feature: problems encountered while executing this command." I don't know why I'm getting this error, so could anyone shed some light on the issue?

Thanks in advance!

Windows 7 64-bit
Inventor Pro 2015
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dan_inv09
in reply to: hheng1111

From the picture it looks like you are in an assembly - cut is the only option not grayed out, and since it is trying to cut and there is nothing where you want to cut there is noting to cut.

(In a part it would probably be more descriptive, but the assembly people were apparently not allowed to borrow the part people's error messages.)

Message 3 of 5
hheng1111

Thanks for your response. I hadn't noticed that cut was the only available option. I wasn't wanting to cut, but wanted to create tubing. why is it only giving me the option to cut?

Windows 7 64-bit
Inventor Pro 2015
Message 4 of 5
hheng1111
in reply to: dan_inv09

I hadn't realized that i needed to "Create" a part and then do the sweep. Problem solved. Thanks for bringing the "cut" problem to light. I wouldn't have figured it out without that info.

Windows 7 64-bit
Inventor Pro 2015
Message 5 of 5
dan_inv09

You can only cut when you are in the assembly, if you want to make something that goes in the assembly you need to make a new part.

You can use "create" on the assemble tab.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report