Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem adding an angle constraint to assembly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anthony
727 Views, 4 Replies

Problem adding an angle constraint to assembly

I am trying to add an angle constraint to an assembly of a ladder design. I need for the ladder to be able to be set at an angle against a wall and not vertical. The ladder design is such that the base brackets are fixed to the ground and the rest of the ladder may move about the axis of the bolted connection at the base of the ladder. I cannot get the angle constraint on the ladder to allow this. Please see attached screen shot of my intentions. Any suggestions on how to do this would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Inventor 2013 Release 2013 SP2

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2013 64-Bit Edition

64-bit HP Z400, Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz

12.0GB RAM, ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL)

Anthony Goodwin ~ Cad Manager/Senior Designer
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 SP2 64-Bit Edition
Windows 7 HP Z400, Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anthony

Seems super simple to me.. Have you had any training in constraints at all? Or is there some error or other piece of information you are leaving out here.. (This is day 1 stuff IMO... no offense)

If your "base" brackets are fixed or grounded or whatever then an insert or a few mate constraints should be used to create the pivot point (hole in ladded uprights to bracket holes).. At that point you should be able to rotate the latter 360 degrees around that pivot point.. Then you can add an angle constraint to fix the whole ladder in the proper angle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
Anthony
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi, thanks yes I agree it is super simple, I already used the insert and mate constraints however for some reason I couldn't get the pivot axis on the grounded brackets to work correctly. I was only asking if there was another way of creating the pivot axis other than the method I have already tired with insert and mate constraints.

Anthony Goodwin ~ Cad Manager/Senior Designer
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 SP2 64-Bit Edition
Windows 7 HP Z400, Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz
Message 4 of 5
mikejones
in reply to: Anthony

Hi.

Can you post a screenshot which includes the browser showing the build up of the ladder i.e. expand any sub assemblies etc

Mike

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 5 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: mikejones

Just zip up and post the assembly here.. (make sure you include all the ipt/parts)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report