Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Using Blocks In Sketches

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
matt_jlt
195 Views, 1 Reply

Problem Using Blocks In Sketches

Every now and then I (and others I work with) seem to have this very annoying problem with using blocks in sketches that are then derived into another part and extruded.

If you modify the Master Skeleton Sketch and it contains blocks, all of the parts that are linked to those sketches show errors when the parts update and you have to either go into each part and run rebuild part command or edit the sketch and either double click a dimension (reference dimensions only as it is a derived sketch) and click ok. You dont have to change anything, just have to make the sketch fix it's self.

It is very time consimung when you have any where between 25 to 50 parts in an assembly and this problem happens a few times in a row.

Any ideas from anyone?

Cheers, Matt.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
liang_chen
in reply to: matt_jlt

Hi Matt,

Appreciate for your report !

I try some cases as your description, but unfortunately I can't reproduce your issue.

Sometiimes, it may be very hard for us to reproduce customers issue if can't get the original files

Could you please attach your sample case? It will be helpful for us to investigate your issue

Thanks for your report again

Fred

Fred Chen
SQA Engineer
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report