Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem MATE

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mikemikemike
172 Views, 6 Replies

Problem MATE

I'm mating a Shaft with a hole in the bottom of a Part. The Part is in a circular component pattern. 1st mate is concentric. 2nd mate is flush. Problem: I can't get the part to MOVE in the remaining degree of freedom. I don't want to use the move component command, just click and drag. (Also, it still shows the Part as having all 3 degrees remaining which I know is not true.)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mikemikemike

Can you post the assembly and part files. My guess is that you mated the green center point of the circle and not the circle circumference.
Message 3 of 7
mikemikemike

I checked and I didn't mate to the Green centerpoint.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Can you reproduce the problem in new files or post the files.
>1st mate is concentric. 2nd mate is flush.
How is this different than using one insert contstraint?
Message 5 of 7
mikemikemike

Sorry. I don't have time to post files. I think the problem may have been I kept editing and adding to the circular component pattern....I don't know...Thanks for your help...
Message 6 of 7
dan_mayers

Your description is not particularly clear, but it sounds like you want the shafts lined up with the holes and you want the shafts to be able to slide in and out of the holes? If so, just mate the centerline of the shaft with the centerline of the home- that takes care of 4 of your DOF. Then sliding in/out and rotation are all that is left.

I hope this helps; without more information or an example (even a screenshot would help) it is very hard to figure out what you are after.

Dan
Message 7 of 7
mikemikemike

Thanks to everyone for your help. Dan, I wanted the shafts lined up with the holes, with a shaft-flange flush to the other part, and be able to rotate my last degree of freedom, not slide in and out. Sorry I wasn't more clear. I re-created my circular component pattern and it works fine. I don't think Inventor like me re-editing the component pattern as many times as I did (adding one new part every time). THANKS AGAIN.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report