Inventor General

Ann-Longstaff
Message 1 of 6 (1,471 Views)
Accepted Solution

Problem - Import DWG into Inventor Sketch - Layers unavailable

1471 Views, 5 Replies
01-27-2012 02:11 AM

Hello,

A couple of days ago when I went to shut down my computer ran windows updates automatically and the next morning these updates failed and the previous setting were re-configured. Windows updates ran again the next night and updated sucessfully.

Since then I have been having problems importing autocad into a sketch. In the Layers and Objects Import Options dialog box, the layers are not shown and the autocad objects can not be individually selected.

Having searched on here and it seems to suggest a problem with either AOEMViewer or DWG TrueView corrupting, although some people after uninstalling and reinstalling these viewers still experienced the problem.

I was wondering if this is the solution to the problem or if there is a hotfix to solve it without having to un/reinstall programs.

Regards,

Ann Longstaff

Inventor Suite 2010 SP4

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit

Ann-Longstaff
Message 2 of 6 (1,449 Views)

Re: Problem - Import DWG into Inventor Sketch - Layers unavailable

01-30-2012 01:43 AM in reply to: Ann-Longstaff

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone else has come across this problem and has a definite solution.

Regards,

Ann

Inventor Suite 2010 SP4

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit

Mentor
PACDrafting
Message 3 of 6 (1,440 Views)

01-30-2012 03:32 AM in reply to: Ann-Longstaff

Seems like you may need to reinstall DWG Trueview.

Employee
jeffrey.sun
Message 4 of 6 (1,417 Views)

02-01-2012 10:33 PM in reply to: Ann-Longstaff

The versions of Inventor and DWG True View must match with each other. Which version of DWG True View are you using? The expected version should be 2010.

It seems your issue is similar with that described here (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17197674&linkID=9242018).

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeffrey Sun
SW Engineer
Manufacturing Industry Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Ann-Longstaff
Message 5 of 6 (1,407 Views)

02-02-2012 12:54 AM in reply to: jeffrey.sun

Inventor and DWG True View both 2010, and installed from the same Inventor disk.

Thanks for the link, I will look into that as it does seem to described my problem.

I did do a good search on different descriptions but it's a mine field on here really!

Regards,

Ann Longstaff

Ann-Longstaff
Message 6 of 6 (1,379 Views)

02-07-2012 07:33 AM in reply to: jeffrey.sun

Jeffrey,

Thank you for the link.

IT has now worked through the solution and Inventor is now working correctly.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Ann

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube