Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printed Line Weight

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
marxtrain
1705 Views, 3 Replies

Printed Line Weight

I am trying to cut out a few parts that I have made in inventor on a laser engraver.  In order to cut properly, the printed line weight of the drawings (what the document would look like when printed out on a piece of paper) needs to be between .001 and .007 inches.  Is there any way to change this setting in an Inventor drawing file (.idw)?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: marxtrain

The only place that I can think of, is in the Styles and Standards. Look in the Layers, it may take a bit of hunting to find the correct layer.

The only other way would be to select and change each line by itself and change if from Layers to Line Weight and change the weight of the Line

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: blair

Line weight is in the style/standard library as Blair stated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 4
marxtrain
in reply to: blair

This worked great.  Thanks so much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report