Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous Drawing Show in Later Drawings (without being visible)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
DocGreen
195 Views, 5 Replies

Previous Drawing Show in Later Drawings (without being visible)

Why do some drawings show in later drawings even through I have them set to invisible? I cannot find a consistent reason and the only way to "fix" it seems to be to delete the old drawing and redo it.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: DocGreen

Can you post a "drawing" that exhibits this behavior?

I read this several times and still don't understand the problem statement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
DocGreen
in reply to: JDMather

Unfortunately, I cannot.

If you have a part with 10 drawings ordered 1 - 10, drawing 3 may be visible in all later drawings save the newest (4 - 10). At the same time, the curves from drawing 4 don't exibit the same behavior. Having curves visible is expected when the drawing is visible, but why does the behavior occur when the drawing is not visible? I am using the student edition.

Message 4 of 6
mrattray
in reply to: DocGreen

I think you need to review the terms you're using, I don't think you are using the term "drawing" correctly. A drawing refers to an .idw (or Inventor .dwg) file. "Parts" are .ipt files. Assemblies are .iam files.

I also doubt you are using the term "curve" correctly.

If I'm wrong and you do know the correct terminology than a better explanation, maybe with pictures, is going to be needed. I don't think anyone is understanding your problem statement.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 6
DocGreen
in reply to: mrattray

Ok, by "inventor" terms I mean sketch.
Message 6 of 6
DocGreen
in reply to: mrattray

If you have a part file with 10 sketches ordered 1 - 10, sketch 3 may be visible in all later sketches (4 - 10) save the newest, but sketch 3 is always kept "invisible." At the same time, the curves from sketch 4 don't exibit the same behavior. Having curves visible is expected when the sketch is visible, but why does the behavior occur when the sketch is not visible? I am using the student edition.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report