Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent display of selection lines upon selection

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
DRoam
267 Views, 3 Replies

Prevent display of selection lines upon selection

Really simple question, hopefully there's a simple solution. I have a flexible sub-assembly in my top assembly. Sometiems I'm trying to demonstrate to others how a mechanism in the sub-assembly works using this flexibility feature. It works great, but when I move just one little part of a flexible assembly, Inventor displays the wire-mesh of the entire flexible assembly, because technically the entire assembly is selected, even though I'm only moving one part. It clutters up the screen very badly, detracting from what I'm trying to show.

Is there a way to prevent Inventor from displaying the selection lines? Either only when I'm moving a part in a flexible assembly (which would be great), or to just turn them off completely when I'm presenting like this? I know I can turn off pre-select, but that doesn't help, because once I start moving a part in the flexible assembly, the assembly is "selected" and the wire-mesh displays. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Ray_Feiler
in reply to: DRoam

Try Select Part Priority.

Part Priority.png

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 3 of 4
jletcher
in reply to: DRoam

Move it with constraints not with mouse it will not highlight then..

Message 4 of 4
DRoam
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

I want to be able to click and drag so I can have complete control over the part. But thanks for the suggestion, James.

Ray, great suggestion! That looks like it'll work, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report