Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Presentations dirties all parts after thier tweaks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
104 Views, 4 Replies

Presentations dirties all parts after thier tweaks

Why is that? If I tweak any parts including iParts, it will ask me to save all those files under the save dialog. It just makes me nervous because if it dirties them, it might change the part numbers for the iParts. I always change the iPart numbers accord to our MFG spec. Also another problem with presentation is after I tweak parts to the way I want, then two days later I had to change one of the parts to a different number. The tweaks goes all over the place especially rotation tweaks. I think someone out there needs to solve this issue on presentation. I know most people don't use it very often but I do. Please fix this problem and I am sure it is some kind of bug. I don't see any workarounds for these problems except for starting all over again. (shooting in the head) 8^/ Thanks -- Derek Sevier Mechanical Design Engineer Quality Corporation derek.s@donkeyforklift.com www.donkeyforklift.com
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

In the save dialog, is the option library? ~Larry "Derek Sevier" wrote in message news:406c2555$1_2@newsprd01... > Why is that? If I tweak any parts including iParts, it will ask me to save > all those files under the save dialog. It just makes me nervous because if > it dirties them, it might change the part numbers for the iParts. I always > change the iPart numbers accord to our MFG spec. > > Also another problem with presentation is after I tweak parts to the way I > want, then two days later I had to change one of the parts to a different > number. The tweaks goes all over the place especially rotation tweaks. I > think someone out there needs to solve this issue on presentation. I know > most people don't use it very often but I do. Please fix this problem and I > am sure it is some kind of bug. I don't see any workarounds for these > problems except for starting all over again. (shooting in the head) 8^/ > > Thanks > -- > Derek Sevier > Mechanical Design Engineer > Quality Corporation > derek.s@donkeyforklift.com > www.donkeyforklift.com > > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Yes, it asked to save library parts AND other MFG parts that aren't iParts. -- Derek Sevier Mechanical Design Engineer Quality Corporation derek.s@donkeyforklift.com www.donkeyforklift.com "Larry Caldwell" wrote in message news:406c2af1_2@newsprd01... > In the save dialog, is the option library? > ~Larry > > "Derek Sevier" wrote in message > news:406c2555$1_2@newsprd01... > > Why is that? If I tweak any parts including iParts, it will ask me to save > > all those files under the save dialog. It just makes me nervous because if > > it dirties them, it might change the part numbers for the iParts. I always > > change the iPart numbers accord to our MFG spec. > > > > Also another problem with presentation is after I tweak parts to the way I > > want, then two days later I had to change one of the parts to a different > > number. The tweaks goes all over the place especially rotation tweaks. I > > think someone out there needs to solve this issue on presentation. I know > > most people don't use it very often but I do. Please fix this problem and > I > > am sure it is some kind of bug. I don't see any workarounds for these > > problems except for starting all over again. (shooting in the head) 8^/ > > > > Thanks > > -- > > Derek Sevier > > Mechanical Design Engineer > > Quality Corporation > > derek.s@donkeyforklift.com > > www.donkeyforklift.com > > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I've noticed that moving parts around in the IPN seems to be dirtying things up a lot too. Then again it has never been a big secret as to how I feel about IPN files.

I can't say I've noticed it dirty up a library part but I've been seeing them dirty a lot of parts and assemblies up.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

If you pick on the word Library, does it change to yes? Does that fix it ... well ... much as it can be fixed. ~Larry "Larry Caldwell" wrote in message news:406c2af1_2@newsprd01... > In the save dialog, is the option library? > ~Larry > > "Derek Sevier" wrote in message > news:406c2555$1_2@newsprd01... > > Why is that? If I tweak any parts including iParts, it will ask me to save > > all those files under the save dialog. It just makes me nervous because if > > it dirties them, it might change the part numbers for the iParts. I always > > change the iPart numbers accord to our MFG spec. > > > > Also another problem with presentation is after I tweak parts to the way I > > want, then two days later I had to change one of the parts to a different > > number. The tweaks goes all over the place especially rotation tweaks. I > > think someone out there needs to solve this issue on presentation. I know > > most people don't use it very often but I do. Please fix this problem and > I > > am sure it is some kind of bug. I don't see any workarounds for these > > problems except for starting all over again. (shooting in the head) 8^/ > > > > Thanks > > -- > > Derek Sevier > > Mechanical Design Engineer > > Quality Corporation > > derek.s@donkeyforklift.com > > www.donkeyforklift.com > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report