Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre stretch material inventor 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lesagepatrick
363 Views, 4 Replies

Pre stretch material inventor 2014

Hi,

I am working with some rubber connetions in a assembly. The things are pre-strectched when you install them and they centre a axle.  So in rest-state the material of these connections are stetched and stressed. From that point I want to apply forces to the assembly and simulate the thing in working to see if hey have enough stength left or if I need to enlarge them in diameter or wallthickness.

Is this possible to do? Can I make the material be really stretched with constraints in a rest state?

Thanks in advance.

I can make some sketches, but cant give you screenshots because of company policy.

Patrick.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: lesagepatrick

HI!

You can do this in with FEA enviroment, in Inventor Professional.

I think the easy way is substitute the rubber parts for the resultant of the force that causes in the steel parts and check if they can resist.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 3 of 5
lesagepatrick
in reply to: CCarreiras

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I thought about that aswell, but the problem is that the shape of the rubber parts is very difficult to simulate the prestretch in rest with just applying forces until it fits the two parts where it is attached to.

So it would take alot of trail and error per part to simulate the prestretched force (there are around 10 pieces),  as the axel where they connect to is also not circular.

Is it not possible to 'stretch' a part by constraining them to two pieces instead of applying forces? That would be the best to see how the material stretches. around the cornerers, attachment point etc.  

Thank you,

Message 4 of 5
CCarreiras

Hi!

More parts, more errors, more time calculation, less accurate results.

Tip:

You can split the faces with surfaces or sketches and you will have the exact surface where the forces are applyed.

Post a pic of the model, or the files to understand better.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 5 of 5
JDMather

@lesagepatrick wrote:

Hi,

I am working with some rubber connections in a assembly. .. see if hey have enough strength left or if I need to enlarge them in diameter or wallthickness.

You cannot do this in Inventor.

You could use spring forces in DS environment - but that is not going to give you information on the geometry of the rubber connections.

However, if you have some experiential data from past use of the rubber connections, you might be able to use the DS analysis to make predictive adjustments.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report