Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Graphics Problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
SteveFrey
2802 Views, 8 Replies

Possible Graphics Problem

If I switch back and forth from an .idw and .iam file while open simultaneously Inventor will say "Not Responding" and will do what I describe a a mini crash.  The program will stay open but I lose all Inventor video on my screen temporarily until the program recovers.  Does anyone know why this might be happening? 

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
HP ZBook 17 G6
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 80 GB
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Wireless
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: SteveFrey

I get this occasionally with the last 2 or so releases (or maybe ever since Win7)...I thought thats normal.. Smiley Very Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 9
SteveFrey
in reply to: mcgyvr

Typical Autodesk. 

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
HP ZBook 17 G6
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
Message 4 of 9
mcgyvr

yep mines done it about 10 times this morning already (I'm doing raytracing and saving a copy as png) During that process Inventor gets horribly bogged down and unresponsive. Windows pops up the not responding message and Inventor goes funky. At one time the Inventor program button in my taskbar even looked like Inventor had closed ( I thought it crashed) and another dialog poped up..something like ADApplication but then I just waited and it all came back finally.

I've been seeing this for the last few releases (like i said might just be since I upgraded to Win7-64) so Autodesk will blame it on Microsoft I'm sure but it seems to me Inventor isn't handling "high load" situations correctly as far as Microsoft is concerned. I can't remember any other program I have popping up a "not responding" message when its churning away. of course Inventor is alot more demanding that just about anything else I run.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 5 of 9
cwhetten

@mcgyvr wrote:

Windows pops up the not responding message and Inventor goes funky.

I've been seeing this for the last few releases (like i said might just be since I upgraded to Win7-64)...

I noticed the same behavior when I first upgraded to Windows 7.  I think there is some new feature in this OS that tries to detect if a program is not responding and to try to "fix" it for you.  Sometimes this "fix" seems to involve terminating the program.  I dug around in the settings and found some options to turn this off and I have never seen it since.  See my reply to this post for more details about how to do that.  I hope it's helpful.

Message 6 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: cwhetten

Interesting.... I had both those settings turned on and now have turned them off. I will restart and see if that helps any.

also  the button that comes up in the task bar is ADApplicationButton. (incase that helps anyone at autodesk fix this issue)

Message 7 of 9
SteveFrey
in reply to: cwhetten

Thanks.  I will check this out and see if it helps. 

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
HP ZBook 17 G6
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
Message 8 of 9
mcgyvr

Didn't help me.. worth a shot though

Message 9 of 9
pavanpz

Good afternoon, I'm having trouble trying to open a new project in Inventor 2010 Professional, whenever I open Inventor and click on New Project and click on the Inventor Standard (appears AdApplicationButton not responding) hangs only releasing with Ctrl + Alt + Del, the operating system is Windows 7 64-bit SP1 and Inventor are all SP inclusivce SP4. Computer is a Dell Precision T3500 with 8 gb ram and Nvidia FX1800, how do I solve the problem? Thank you and I await response

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report