Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place Constraint

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
216 Views, 2 Replies

Place Constraint

I'm trying to place a simple concentric constraint (mate) & I'm receving a !General System Error.
Anyone know how to bypass this & place the constraint?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I've never seen this but I would guess the problem runs deeper than the constraint relationship. Any chance one of the two parts is corrupt? You could open them as SAT files in MDT and do an amsanitycheck that might turn something up. Has the system been stable other than this issue?

Rich Thomas
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I checked the files & they were not corrupt.
I think what might have happened is that I created the first part, a half moon clamp, with a right hand thread by using adaptivity from a shaft in the assembly.
Then I inserted a separate .ipt, which I created from the half moon clamp, but this part needed a left-hand thread.
Trying to mate the 2 caused the error. So I broke the adaptive features in both & dimensioned from their respective origins, then assembled the 2 using distance mates. Which is ok, but I would have like to kept the adaptive features is case, which always happens in new designs, the shaft distance changes. This way my parts would change on the “fly”.
My system is somewhat stable. I crash about 3 or 4 times a day. I need to have several different programs running @ the same time, this could play into the problem.
Thx for the reply Rich.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report