Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piping with 8" diameter

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
145 Views, 8 Replies

Piping with 8" diameter

How can I specify 8" diameter piping style?
Under Tube and Pipe - Styles, I can only select up to 6" diameter.
Is there a work around to this?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

i believe you have to create your own pipe with an 8 inch diameter available "pk42" wrote in message news:24599387.1079620547087.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > How can I specify 8" diameter piping style? > Under Tube and Pipe - Styles, I can only select up to 6" diameter. > Is there a work around to this?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Yes, you need to create your own pipe, coupling, and other fittings in 8" and then make a new style to use them. Not as easy as it sounds though 😞

Good luck
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

I did create my own 8" pipe, elbows and new style using welding fittings.
When I populate the route the elbows come ok and even the pipe length looks ok but the pipe doesn't start or end in correct point but instead it starts way too early. I did use the default Fixed Engagement with 0 inch for both pipe end the elbows in publishing wizard. I also have parameter EG 0 inch in iPart for Elbow.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your advice
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Make sure that you have the end of the pipe the correct gender. I had a similar issue, but after checking and re-publishing, everything seems fine now. You have to check it for both ends, and make sure the end treatment is also correct. (although I don't think it will work at all if they are mis-matched)

I also restarted IV and the computer between publishing.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

What is a correct gender for welded connections? Should both (pipe and fitting) be males (that's what it looks like) or pipe male and fitting female?
End treatment is welded for both.
I know I am doing something wrong. When I publish the elbow I get two new workpoints and two new work axises and these axises are visible on new library fitting. How can prevent that? Maybe that problem is connected to the problem with pipes not located correctly?

I really appreciate your help.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

In most cases you will publish the pipe as male and fittings as female. Also when you publish, make sure your connection directions are in the right direction. In most cases the connection arrow will be pointing out from the part. Use the "Flip Direction" button to change this. This could be the problem you are seeing when you say "the pipe doesn't start or end in correct point but instead it starts way too early". As far as the two new workpoints and work axis, those are created by the publishing wizard and are used by the T&P router to connect the fittings and pipes. Although not ideal, if there are a few fittings that you have published that you use often, you could activate these fittings in an assembly, turn the visibility off, and then save the part. Since these will be cached to a common location, any time you pull the fitting from the library, the visibility of these work points and axis will be turned off. "pk42" wrote in message news:26761017.1080069646174.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > What is a correct gender for welded connections? Should both (pipe and fitting) be males (that's what it looks like) or pipe male and fitting female? > End treatment is welded for both. > I know I am doing something wrong. When I publish the elbow I get two new workpoints and two new work axises and these axises are visible on new library fitting. How can prevent that? Maybe that problem is connected to the problem with pipes not located correctly? > > I really appreciate your help.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Hiyas
ive created some new piping standards that go from 300nb to 2000 nb

the one thing that is weird is that when assigning the elbows and couplings the selection window for the database is sometimes empty.
if i reset it to another style and start again its ok i can select all 4 items in my database ive made
but if i com back at any point and update a fitting and want to repulish it and add it to the original style the selections arent there.
do you have to set the mdb file to be read only after youve made iparts and published them into the database??
or is there something else that ive missed along the way....??
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

You shouldn't have to set your mdb file to be read only. I have seen the behavior you describe, and it has been reported to the developers. "carloski" wrote in message news:24956236.1080291884859.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hiyas > ive created some new piping standards that go from 300nb to 2000 nb > > the one thing that is weird is that when assigning the elbows and couplings the selection window for the database is sometimes empty. > if i reset it to another style and start again its ok i can select all 4 items in my database ive made > but if i com back at any point and update a fitting and want to repulish it and add it to the original style the selections arent there. > do you have to set the mdb file to be read only after youve made iparts and published them into the database?? > or is there something else that ive missed along the way....??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report