Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe member name in BOM

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
urmil2229
348 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe member name in BOM

Dear Sir,

In Inventor professional 2009 Tube & Pipe style using, We have to give each pipe member name for display in BOM every time.

Pls give right solution. . . .

Thanks

Urmil

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: urmil2229

What part of the BOM,.... Description?

Edit the family table for the pipe in the Content Center, either add a column for Description, or choose an existing column that will work for you, and map that column to Project.Description.  In my example I am mapping Filename, this pushes the value of Filename out to the pipe spool's Description iproperty.  It should now show up in the BOM.

ft.jpg

props2.JPG

Message 3 of 4
urmil2229
in reply to: cbenner

Dear Sir,

Earlier u have given me a suggestion, which is very useful for me, thanks for that.

But as per attached file of partlist which format i m using, I want Pipe member name automatically in PART NUMBER Column.

As per Suggestion given by you, there is no option seems of "Project.Part Number" in Map to Inventor Property.

Aslo I have to set Qty of pipe segment, from Document Settings, Bill of meterial option.

Every time I have to change "EACH", instead of perticular Length.

awaiting of your resopnse. . .

Thanks

Urmil 

Message 4 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: urmil2229

If you are not seeing the project. Part Number in your property list, that means it has already been mapped in a different column.  It can only be mapped once.  You can change the mapping to whatever works best for you, by searching through your mapped columns until you find which one is using that property, and simply removing the mapping or changing it to a different one to suit your needs.  Then it will be available in that list for assigning to a different column.

Wow, that's not confusing at all.  I hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report