Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistence of Bugs

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
639 Views, 14 Replies

Persistence of Bugs

Planes cannot be seen if looking at them from an edge (axes, too).  This bug was reported at least 8 months ago, and was acknowledged by Autodesk 5 months ago.   Please fix this and release a patch.

Keep in mind: every day I use Inventor and see persistent bugs like this, I am reminded that Autodesk is not concerned with customer satisfaction, nor the quality of their products.   When asked by others what I think of Inventor, the persistence of bugs, and general sloppiness, is one of the things I always share.   

Management should budget more time and money to cleaning up the code and fixing bugs that have been around for years. 

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
ampster401
in reply to: Anonymous

Win7/64 bit, SP1 with Inventor 2011/SP2

Work planes and axis are visible here when viewed on edge.  Horizontal yellow line is workplane and vertical yellow line is work axis.

Not sure I've ever seen that bug - never noticed.

plane_axis_edges_visible.png

Message 3 of 15
JDMather
in reply to: ampster401

@ampster401 wrote:

Not sure I've ever seen that bug - never noticed. 

The bug was introduced in 2012.
Not sure if one of the 2 Hotfixes addressed the problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 15
JDMather
in reply to: JDMather

I just installed Hotfixes  DL17804781 and 875 on one of my machines and one of them seems to have fixed the problem (I did not check after the first hotfix install.)

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9242019#section22

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 15
CelticDesignServices

Not sure what the issue is, Inventor 2012 Suite, out of the box (no SP's nor Hotfixes applied) doesn't have this issue:

PlanesAxis.JPG

Is it possible it's local setting of yours?

Do you have the Planes/Axis visibility "on" (I know, an obvious statement but it happens).

I'll try it on a seat that has all the updates loaded and see if it happens there though.

I understand your frustration but can't agree with your statements at all, I've been extremely happy with how I've been treated by Adesk over the years (since rev 3).

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
Message 6 of 15

Taken from a machine with all current Service Packs installed (Inventor 2012):

PlanesAxis-2.JPG

I'm beginning to think it's a localized issue based on settings.

Also not sure what you mean by "general sloppiness" either.

New EE Logo.PNG

Jim

Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Message 7 of 15
JDMather
in reply to: JDMather

Well now I can't remember exactly what the change of behavior was from eariler releases.

I seldom turn workplanes or axis visibility on as I simply roll the mouse over them in the browser.

Seems like you used to be able to do this and you could see them in the graphics window (canvas?) even with the visibility off and perp to the screen.  Now you have to click on them.  Anyone have the url to the original report (I remember someone from Autodesk responded).

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous

Here's a more descriptive report:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Workfeatures-Edge-View-Issue-Inv-2012-SP1/m-p/318410...

I check daily for hotfixes (to address a different problem) - and install them when applicable.

(This is a 64-bit Vista machine with Autodesk Inventor Professional 2012-SP1).

Message 9 of 15
CelticDesignServices

Interesting.

I'm on Win 7, 64bit  Inventor Suite w/SP1 installed here at the client site and have never seen this....at least not yet.

Will check my seat of Ultimate (no SP loaded yet) at the office though for sure.

New EE Logo.PNG

Jim

Message 10 of 15
chrishutchinson6848

The "fix" for this is to intall Inventor 2013, which will correctly highlite the axis and planes when projecting these objects in a part sketch.

I don't believe the promised hotfix or service pack has yet been produced for Intventor 2012 SP1 to address this.

Thanks,

Chris Hutchinson

Message 11 of 15
CelticDesignServices

@Anonymous wrote:

Would I be off if I stated it seems like it might be more of a Vista issue considering it looks like those of us on Win7 don't see the issue?

It wouldn't surprise me much as I've seen numerous Windows updates and such throw CAD programs (not just Inventor) for loops (recall the Windowns update that prevented you from inserting text?)

New EE Logo.PNG

Jim

Message 12 of 15

I dont have this issue but I do have outstaning bug tickets from V2011.

I think Autodesk marketing have forgotten one of the fundamental basics of marketing.  Word of mouth marketing can be the most powerfull free marketing you can get, and it can also be the most destructive if your product or services under deliver.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

Autodesk business plan:

1.) Release mediocre software

2.) Fix mediocre software annually

3.) Offer "cost effective" subscription

4.) Laugh all the way to the bank

Message 14 of 15
rajeshindi

Hi,

I am using INV12, win7, 64 bit.  I did have this issue before.  But, I have installed few hotfixes before and the problem is fixed.  Worth updating with all the hotfixes available.

Message 15 of 15
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's a more descriptive report:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Workfeatures-Edge-View-Issue-Inv-2012-SP1/m-p/3184100

I check daily for hotfixes (to address a different problem) - and install them when applicable.

As the OP of that link I'll chime in.  SP1 broke it.  I have not been notified of any fix (which is their standard operating procedure), but more importantly, none of the current hotfixes appear to have fixed the problem.  I did not install hotfixes that said they had to do with the license manager or Product Stream or such.  I would be very angry to find out that I've had to deal with this problem all this time and the fix was included in something like the hotfix for network license manager.

FYI, I have installed the following:

SP1

DL17804781

DL17804875

DL18139130

DL18304573 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report