Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance is not acceptable

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
128 Views, 3 Replies

Performance is not acceptable

My Inventor v5. crashes.
I am working on a small assembly file (25MB) that includes models, assembly, animation and detail files.
If I open (for example) the detail drawings and the assembly, I hit over 80% of system resources and do a lot of waiting only to watch the system fail and boot me out of program all together.
I am useing a 3DLabs Oxygen GVX1 with OpenGL. I have downloaded the latest driver.
I have an AMD XP 1800 CPU with 256 DDR RAM, running on a ASRock K7VM2 mother board. I dont think I should be have trouble, but Im not much of a PC tech.
Any advice on how to trouble shoot this problem or optimise my system for better performance?

Thanks

zwillg
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

at the least, you should have 1GB of ram.

and a faster cpu would help alot also.

Matt
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I would agree that you could use more RAM, however, I also recommend getting a video card with more memory. I have the same video card, and also experience the same results with a 1.4 gig Athalon/512meg DDR ram at the office and a K7-600meg Athalon/768meg SIMM memory at home. My local IV expert in town recommendt the largest video card your wallet can stand. That will be my next purchased for the home machine. Also, set paging as large as your disk drive will allow.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I've heard other complain about the Oxygen GVX1's performance in IV. You definately need at least 512MB RAM. Your assy might be small but it's still using up all of your current 256MB (128MB is probably already eaten up by Windows) and then IV is paging to the HD which is what is slowing your system way down and probably crashing it in the end.

Personally I would start by buying more RAM and see how you like it. Then upgrade your video card if you're still not happy. I think your processor is fine for small assemblies but faster is always better.

MechMan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report