Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern Visibility with iLogic

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
SteveX82
1275 Views, 1 Reply

Pattern Visibility with iLogic

I've noticed that one can turn off the visibility of an entire component pattern by manually right-clicking the pattern in the browser and unchecking "Visibility". However, when one tries to automate this process with the following code, only the first element of the pattern is made invisible.

Component.InventorComponent("Pattern1").Visible = False

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better way to do this, or will I be forced to develop a "workaround" like first changing the number of elements to 1?

I've been desperately trying to find a way to "turn off" unneeded assembly components without iAssemblies or LOD's, but Inventor always finds a way to stop me. This workflow of turning off visibility and setting BOM status to "Reference" would work if only I can make patterns invisible, also.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

Just stumbled on to this thread,

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Customization/Changing-Component-Pattern-Visibility/...

Hope it helps. let me know, if you need further help.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums