Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password protect parametric model

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cwilko
322 Views, 1 Reply

Password protect parametric model

I have spent a bit of time and effort creating a very workable and idiot proof parametric model of one of our company products.

The whole assembly is driven by an excel spreadsheet that is embedded into a single sketch model.

Now my boss has asked me to protect this model as intellectual property.

I can password protect and hide formula in individual cells but this means the embedded spreadsheet can still be opened and viewed.

I would like to set the thing up so that the embedded spreadsheet can only be opened with a password.

Is there a way of achieving this?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks Clint
Inventor 2012 Professional
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: cwilko

if you pw protect the excel spreadsheet, are you able to do that and see if inventor can remember this if you opt to leave the spreadsheet as a linked file Rather than embedded?

Sorry to go off on a bit of a tangent but are the files in vault or just on the office server? Either way you could consider to;

Set up permissions to only allow approved people to access that area of the server...

keep the inventor files / folders hidden away only for you and the boss & admin to access...

print the Idw detail drawings to PDF and pw protect them as well.

if you want you can also get software to block users from copying files off the server or workstation to cd or USB or any other writable media.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report