I have an iAssembly that I have detailed in an IDW with multiple sheets. One sheet for each iAssembly configuration. The parts list on each sheet I had set to show only the parts on that configuration. All of a sudden, I open my IDW and all the parts lists on all the sheets are listing ALL the parts in ALL configurations? When I go to check which configuration the parts list is looking at, the correct member is checked, but it still lists all the parts. What is wrong? Did some windows update screw with it or something? I am running Inventor Pro 2008 and Windows XP pro.
I have had similar problems with parts lists in drawings for iassemblies. I have never found out what causes the problem but I have found a way to fix it (temporarily). I have to open the iAssembly go to the BOM, disable the structured view, make a change to the file, undo the change, generate the files, go back to the BOM editor, enable the structured view, make a change to the file, undo the change to the file, generate all of the members again, open my master file that contains each member, save the file, open each drawing and delete the parts list, and then add the parts list back it. It is a huge time sink.
I don't know why it happens but I wish someone would let me know. I posted this issue a while back but I have not been given any feed back. It may be something I am doing but I don't know. I mentioned the fix is temporary because I have found that if I open the iAssembly and add a new member sometimes the problem shows up again.