Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts list and trailing zeros

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
yannicknielsen
2044 Views, 6 Replies

Parts list and trailing zeros

Hey there

I have been wondering if there is a way to disable trailing zeros for the length parameter and total length of frame generator parts.

As you can see on the attached picture, in the column "antal", it says 1 in the top part, because I have 1 sheet metal parts. it says .000 for the other two that are frame generator parts.

I've found that I can change the document settings of the assembly before i use the frame generator to get less decimals; but at the same time I'm not interested in having zero decimals on the weight, and I'd prefer not to change it to grams.

For the attached picture I set it to one decimal, and as you can see it worked for one of the columns, but not the column containing total length.

Best regards

Yannick Nielsen

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Pocharatek
in reply to: yannicknielsen

Hi.

Try to open the parts list by double click. Then chose column and by righ click chose Format Column from the drop down menu.

You will find a option to override unit formatting. There you can set the precision. See attached picture.

Message 3 of 7
yannicknielsen
in reply to: Pocharatek

Thanks for answering, but I already tried that. That adds "mm" in front of the 1 unit of sheet metal

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 7
blair

Not really sure either, since some of the formatting (using comas rather than periods) is driven from the O/S along with Date/Time from the O/S. I have a post on the Inventor Idea Station for control of Date, Time and Units to be handled by the Project File. This could be expanded to include more formatting information. If you deal with companies in different parts of the world, formats of units, dates and time should be controlled by the Project file rather than the O/S I use the date format between Canada and the US, 01-12-2014 is the 12th of January in the US and in Canada it's December 1st as Canada uses DD-MM-YYYY and the US uses MM-DD-YYYY. North America uses the Period to separate the decimal and some European countries use the Coma.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 7

Dear Yannick,

If you don't want to see [mm] displayed in a column of the part list of a drawing you could try to:

=> edit the part list in the drawing >> select the column >> right click >>  format column >> "column format" tab >> unselect "unit string"

UnselectUnitString.png

Note: you cannot mix 2 different kinds of unit (for example [mm] and [units]) in a same column of a part list.

Here are at this link additional information on this subject

I hope that can help you.

Best regards.

Nicolas Bourquin
Message 6 of 7

With that method, I'd just need to get it to write it without trailing zeros on the part that it is getting the parameter from. The problem is, I have yet to figure out how to do that automatically (rather than changing the parameter manually on each frame generated part

Message 7 of 7
cbenner

Hi,

Here is a suggested solution that has a few steps... and will mean some homework for you depending on how many families you would need to modify.  I wrote this regarding the unit string, but if you look at the images in this post you will se that it can also be used to set the leading or trailing zeros on FG components.  I hope this helps!

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/2013/08/lose-unit-string-on-gl-in-frame.html

https://cadtipstricks.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/lose-the-unit-string-on-g_l-in-frame-generator/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report