Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts do not get constraint in assly if use mirror.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
indalkar.dattatray
454 Views, 4 Replies

Parts do not get constraint in assly if use mirror.

Dear All,

Whenever I am using mirror command in assly . The mirrored part do not get constraint again I have to use the constraint or I have to make that part grounded.

Pls give me solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Datta Indalkar.

With Warm Regards,
Datta Indalkar.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Don't use Mirror in assembly. It is simple as that. What you have to do is to work out the way you model in Inventor in such a way that the model is robust and reliable. I would suggest to start reading on Muscular modeling technique.

Best Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 3 of 5

I have used mirror assembly and this is what I have found as well.  This is not uncommon for mirrored components not to be constrained.  SOlidworks is the same way.  I ended up just grounding the mirrored components as well.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 5

You have to apply new mates manually, except when there are mates between parts that are both mirrored, then they will come through.  http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/1310-Autodesk1310/1655-Assembli1655/1656-Build_a...

However there is no symetry mate in inventor so maintaining symetry about the mirror plane requires a parameter formula.  Another area where Autodesk refuses to catch up to the others.

Or

You can use common origin skeletal methods.

Message 5 of 5

Assembly mirror command provides two basic ways how to mirror selected instances. One way is real mirror where mirrored instance is generated as completely new part/assembly created using derive mechanism. The second way is reusing selected component so on mirrored side is created only new instance of source component.

If mirrored instance is ideally symmetric then mirror command is able to recreate all constraints on target side.

Suppressed constraints on target side could appear when asymmetric component is mirrored the second way (reusing) where new instance is placed on target side and command tries to find the best orientation so the final position looks like truly mirrored. For asymmetric component the result is never ideal mirror so then it is problem to find corresponding geometries(edges, faces) to attach constraints on target side. Constraints attached to geometries from reused asymmetric components are suppressed to preserve position of final reused instance.

For Inventor 2013, assembly mirror command was modified to highlight reused asymmetric instances in mirror browser so user is warn (that problems with constraints and assembly features can appear) before generating the result, also ground flag is preserved now and additional logic has been implemented for reconstruction of assembly constraints on target side. These changes should provide better control over mirroring proccess.

Robert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report