Inventor General

Mentor
mslosar
Message 1 of 2 (93 Views)

Parts List and zero inches - possible?

93 Views, 1 Replies
01-16-2014 12:32 PM

I know the long standing bug of zero's in dimensions was fixed. You can now do dimensions like 2'-0 3/4" properly/correctly using the included zero's checkbox in the dimensions style.

Is there a method for doing this in the parts list? They pop up there frequently as well and the only option I see is units, which when you set your units to feet does nothing.

WORSE still is that you can't overwrite it either. When I get a value of 4'-3/4", i try to overwrite it with 4'-0 3/4" and inventor forces it right back to 4'-3/4".

I'm on 2013 still - is there a fix for this at all? Hard to believe after nearly 20 versions it still isn't fixed.

FWIW, I know you can do 1'-0" and 0'-6", but i need the fractional versions as shown above.

Mentor
mslosar
Message 2 of 2 (38 Views)

Re: Parts List and zero inches - possible?

01-20-2014 10:04 AM in reply to: mslosar

Seriously?? No one has ever wanted to do this before?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube