Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts List and Presentation Drawing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rdyson
505 Views, 5 Replies

Parts List and Presentation Drawing

If I place a view of an explosion (ipn) and try to place a parts list the selection between structured and parts only, structured is the only option. This is whether I pick the view or file, iam or ipn.

If I place the parts list first, chosing the iam that the ipn is created from, then I can place a parts only list and ballooning works correctly. 

I'm failry certain this was true in 2011 and still in 2012.

Is this a bug or as designed. And if as designed, why.

On a side note, can Publisher be used to create drawings? That is, is the intent to replace presentations? I haven't tried it yet, guess I need to.

PDSU 2016
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: rdyson

Hi! I cannot seem to reproduce the behavior you see on an ipn based view. Did you try a simple example and it work the same way as you described?

I might not have followed the exact steps. Could you attach an example here?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 6
rdyson
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi Johnson,

Yeah, I just tried a simple assembly and it doesn't exhibit the same behavior. Below is what I see when trying to place the parts list in my actual project.

I can send the data set, but it'll be around 50 meg.

Ray

partslist.jpg

PDSU 2016
Message 4 of 6
johnsonshiue

Ray,

It looks like you already have an account on the secure server. The last time you uploaded a file was in November 2010. Let me send you another invite so you can get access to the server.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6
rdyson
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Unless I screwed up, the data should be on its way. Let me know if I missed anything.

Open the ExplodedView.dwg

Annotate>Table>PartsList and pick the view.

BOM Settings and Properties grays out here.

I'm outa of here for now, I'll check back in tomorrow.

PDSU 2016
Message 6 of 6
rdyson

Johnson helped find the solution (work around?). You have to set subassembly(s) BOM to the desired flavor (enable structured or parts only) in order to create the parts list accordingly.

This only seems apply to views of ipn's. Ortho views of the same assembly don't to need to be pre-enabled.

And now I can't reproduce the behavoir at all, go figure.

PDSU 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report