Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts List / BOM Settings / BOM View

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2654 Views, 5 Replies

Parts List / BOM Settings / BOM View

I want to place a "Parts Only" BOM view of my Parts List. In the Parts List dialoge box, when view or document is selected, BOM View grays out and defaults to "Structured". This issue is new to my work station and is not an issue to the other stations. Why? How can I fix?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pauldoubet
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you already ballon any items in this drawing before placing the parts list? If so you will need to delete them and then place the parts list. This is the most common reason that I know of for the 'Structured/Parts Only' to be grayed out.

Hope this helps, Paul

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pauldoubet

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've tried with and without ballons and the problem remians...

Message 4 of 6
pauldoubet
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have a structured parts list already on the drawing? If not go to the BOM editor and make sure the Parts Only tab is 'Enabled'. Also delete the balloons/parts lists and save the drawing as a new name, close Inventor and restart, then open and try the Parts Only parts list.

Paul

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Yes, was trying to place list in .idw sheet with an existing list and baloons. Tried using new sheet, but used the same .iam with no change.

Did not want to experament on existing .idw, so I created new .idw using the same .iam and that was the problem.

Up and running!

Thank you Paul.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

It works to me.. Thx! Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report