Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part shows up in master view representation but no others

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
howardlee306
543 Views, 4 Replies

Part shows up in master view representation but no others

I came in one morning and a part in my model will not show up. It shows normal icon, visible and enable checked opens when you right click on it, no errors on the part and nothing greyed out, but even going right click all visible on aview rep will not make this thing turn back on. When in master view representation it is there but will not show up on other view reps and dissapears when I create a new one. I really do not know why it will not turn on. It also will not appear in idw's and express mode is turned off. Any thoughts?

Inventor 2014 SP1

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cwhetten
in reply to: howardlee306

That is certainly bizarre behavior.  Does the part behave the same in a brand new assembly?  If so, it might suggest there is a problem with the part.  If not, then it narrows down to a particular assembly.

Can you post the strange part here?

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 3 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: cwhetten

?? shutdown and restart your computer?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 5
howardlee306
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks for the responses guys. The part does work in a new assembly. And we actually tried for 3 days to get it to show up. restarting every morning.

It is solved for now though. After creating a new view rep 99 times with no change, on the 100 try it showed up. So I renamed and deleted the original "default" and named the new one default. However if it happens again we have no idea what caused it to turn invisible in the first place or why after so many attempts it "magically" worked...

Message 5 of 5
Namoi1
in reply to: howardlee306

I had somethingsimilar happen to me IV11 with only one part.

the part was not showing up in the drawing of the ipn.  In the browers it showed up as visible, but when I tried to make it invisible (thinking I'd make it visible again and see what happened) it did nothing.

In the end I just modelled it again and replaced it in the assembly. But it wasn't really a solution

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/part-missing-in-drawing-of-ipn-file/m-p/4622853#M4889...

using IV2015
C-H

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report