Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part made of surfaces refuses to show up in assembly. Any ideas?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
lkrenzler
2196 Views, 23 Replies

Part made of surfaces refuses to show up in assembly. Any ideas?

I have an converted STEP file that is made of surfaces.  When I place it in an assembly, it's invisible.  The object is there and when I highlight the "composite" feature in the browser, I can see the wireframe representation but it's ghosted.  Even though 'visibility' is on, it's invisible.

Any thoughts? - Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventor Pro 2019 - Win. 10 - GeForce GTX 1080 .
23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: joe.villanueva

I got really excited and thought this would solve my issue as well. But, alas it did not. I have the same problem with an .ipt that was made from .step file from customer. I fixed up the model by adding wires and missing connection points and saved it all as an .ipt.

I can see the part as an individual .ipt.

I can see the part in the next level assembly.

I can not see the part in the next higher assembly though. When I insert the .ipt of this part into that top level assembly it will not show up.

The part does not show up when a view of the top assembly is placed in an .idw either. When the sub-assembly is placed as a view on the .idw the part does show up.

Any ideas?

Message 22 of 24
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

.... I fixed up the model by adding wires and missing connection points and saved it all as an .ipt...

Any ideas?

First idea - I would have started a new thread and then added link to this old thread.

I do not see anything in your problem description that indicates to me that it is actually the same problem.

How much do you know about repairing imported surface models in Inventor?
Do you have a valid solid body that passes Inventor Quality Check?

Are you familiar with the Construction Envirnment?

Are you familiaar with the Repair Environment?

Roll up the EOP and attach your *.ipt file here.

Zip the original *.stp file and attach it here.

Someone will fix the part.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Thank you all whoever is involved in this post. I was struggling to figure this out for few days. It is showing the surfaces  now.

Thanks again.

Message 24 of 24
kentY3XBZ
in reply to: joe.villanueva

I had the same problem and this (finally) helped me find the solution.  As with so many things, Inventor makes is more convoluted than it should be.

Of course, I'm still on 2016 and this may have been improved in 17 or 18.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report