Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Line Colours in Drawings.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
GavoGarmo
520 Views, 2 Replies

Part Line Colours in Drawings.

It's possible to select a part in a view on a 2D drawing and change the colour of all the lines belonging to that part.

This is really useful, but is there a way of assigning a line colour to the .ipt file it's self, so that every time I place a veiw of that part the lines are automatically set to specified colour?

This would also be useful within a single drawing when there are multiple veiws of the same assembly. eg. PartA would always be drawn in Red, PartB would always be green. This would really help distinguishing between parts in complex assemblies. (Which I realise can be done manually but I think it could be done faster with less chance of making mistakes.) Currently, I colour all the parts, but then if I make an additional view, the new veiw is all in black.

Cheers

GavoGarmo 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: GavoGarmo

Is there no one who nows the answer to the question above?

I'm dealing with the same issue.

Message 3 of 3
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Not that I can think of.

You could color your parts in the model and then switch back and forth in the drawing to shaded to determine which parts you are working with.

If you change the color of the parts in the IAM, those color overrides stay in the IAM file and not with the part itself when you use them in other IAM's.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report