Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametrized elbow

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jgaston
398 Views, 2 Replies

Parametrized elbow

I have an elbow parameterized with sheet metal parts and structure.

The assembly is based on a parameterized skeleton, in which one of the parameters is the angle.

To create the structure of one end of the elbow, the edges of the skeleton use as reference. (elbow_45.jpg)

The problem arises when the value of the angle change, as some of the frame component are misaligned (elbow_90.jpg).

I know there is a version solicion in 2013, but I'm working on the 2012. Anyone know of any alternative solution?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cwhetten
in reply to: jgaston

Can you post your assemly and parts in a zip file?  It's hard to know exactly what is happening here without seeing the model.

I'll venture a guess that some assembly constraints are the cause of the trouble.  Is the problem only with the two support angles that are on the curved faces?  How did you constrain them to your skeleton?  Edge to edge?

Message 3 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jgaston

Hi! If I understand this issue correctly, it is about the frame members misalign when reference source geometry tranforms in the model space. This is a known limitation in R2012 unfortunately. The issue here is that the frame member is not aware of the alignment. When the reference part changes shape resulting in relocating the frames, the frame alignment may not adjust accordingly.

In R2013, Frame Generator provides Align option. If a member is edited, you can pick an alignment reference (plane or edge). Then as long as the alignment reference geometry exists, the frame should align accordingly.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report