Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters inserted into drawing text keep disappearing - what gives?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
SteveX82
266 Views, 1 Reply

Parameters inserted into drawing text keep disappearing - what gives?

I am running into some trouble with user parameters that have been inserted into a dimension's "text box". I sometimes hide the dimension itself and insert these parameters so that iLogic can manipulate the upper & lower tolerance limits for a dimension.

The problem seems to arrise anytime one of the dimension's arrows becomes detached from the drawing (and perhaps for other reasons, too, although this is the only clear cause so far). I can reattach the arrow and the dimension seems healthy again, but if I go into the text editor, I notice that the link to any parameters that I've inserted has been lost. They appear as they were last set, but will not update if the parameters themselves change.

Is there a better workaround for this, or can we expect a solution in IV2013? I've invested close to a year's worth of work expecting this method to perform properly, and it will be a letdown if there's no solution.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bobvdd
in reply to: SteveX82

Can you elaborate on the circumstances that cause "one of the dimension's arrows to become detached"?

I can think of a couple of scenarios:

- drastic geometry change

- feature suppression

- replacing a part in a view

Is this an assembly drawing or a part drawing?

Attaching a sample file of course always helps.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report