Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter driven Factory assembly

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Logos_Atum
360 Views, 1 Reply

Parameter driven Factory assembly

Hello there,

i have a question to ask and it is about an array in an Factory assembly.

I want to do an array and the offset value of the array should originate in a parameter of an asset to have the array changed as soon as the parameter in the asset is changed.

Here´s the description of what i want to do exactly:

I place assets and adjust values i defined as key parameters earlier. Now i want to do an array of the assets.

As i modify the key parameters of the asset the array has to adapt according to the new "Breite" (width) value of the asset. Until then i would have to rearrange the array manually as the width of the asset changes. I need to minimize the number of values to be changeg manually.

Here are some thoughts to solve the problem:

I thought about doing an i logic parameter named "Breite" (width) which is to be used in the Factory assembly, but i am curious if it is possible to predefine this parameter as for the time being there is no array yet to apply the value too. Can i predefine the variable used even if there is no array yet. I am thinking about doing a new template for Factory which includes the parameter named "Breite" (width).

What i need to do now:

For now i would need to look for the parameter which includes the array offset in the Factory layout and need to change this value to the same value of "Breite" (width) or rename the parameter value to the ilogic parameter i import from the asset part. Pretty much manual work to be done.

Here´s what i want Factory to do:

I need the placed assets to be arrayed and i need the array adapt to a value in the asset automatically without the need to go to the parameters any more.

Thank you very much in advance, i don´t know if this is possible

Dogs aren´t flammable.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Logos_Atum
in reply to: Logos_Atum

Can an itrigger be used?

Dogs aren´t flammable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report