Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter comments reuse in drawing text

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Jacques.Grobler
463 Views, 4 Replies

Parameter comments reuse in drawing text

Afternoon all

I am a bit new to Inventor and I am trying to automate some of our products.

The way I am going about it is to have the users fill in a form in excel (easy enough) which then populates more information in excel which is fed to Inventor (also easy enough).  Automating the part is the easy part and creating a drawing of these parts are also straight forward, my question comes in the following section:

My excel spreadsheet generates comments that are fed to the part and I want to reference these comments in my drawing.

Is this possible at all?  I have seen that I can reference the parameter values, but can't seem to do the same with the comments.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Can anyone please assist me with this?
Message 3 of 5
jddickson
in reply to: Jacques.Grobler

You can use custom iProperties. You can pull the data from excel to fill out the custom iProperties in your model. All you have to do then is reference the custom iProperties in your drawing.

pic 1.jpg

iProperties.Value("Custom", "Coments")="=" & GoExcel.CellValue("3rd Party:Embedding 5", "Sheet2", "D2")

I hope this helps. 

Message 4 of 5
jddickson
in reply to: Jacques.Grobler

If you want to pull the comment data from the parameters you can use this code. Don’t forget to check the export parameters box.

I hope this helps

iProperties.Value("Custom", "Custom Comment" ) = Parameter.Param("d3").Comment
Message 5 of 5
Jacques.Grobler
in reply to: jddickson

Tx JDDickson

This works pretty well

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report