Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM TO EXPORT DWG FROM INVENTOR PRO 2015

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
dhexam00
1061 Views, 7 Replies

PROBLEM TO EXPORT DWG FROM INVENTOR PRO 2015

HELLO

I HAVE A PROBLEM.
I CAN'T EXPORT A PART FROM INVENTOR PROFESSIONAL 2015 TO DWG,

AND I DON'T KNOW WHY IT HAPPENS.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: dhexam00

Can you attach the Inventor file here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
mrattray
in reply to: dhexam00

Welcome to the forums.
In addition to posting the file here, can you also post screenshots of any errors you see and a step by step explanation of exactly what you are doing?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 8
weslie.howard
in reply to: JDMather

Hi JD

I have a similar problem of not being able to export to an AutoCAD DWG format. I want to include the file and what ever else is needed. Is there a function similar to the AutoCAD pack and go for Inventor? The item I am trying to export is an IAM and IDW file I don't know if you will need all the component files that make up the IAM file.

Keith

Message 5 of 8

Is there a function similar to the AutoCAD pack and go for Inventor?  Pack and go is an Inventor function, not AutoCAD.  And yes when you supply the drawing and/or assembly you need all the components that are related to it.

As the question was asked before...   Any error messages?  What happens?   You may also want to try the steps listed in this article: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 8

Inventor to DWG error.JPG

This is the error message I get when trying to Export to an AutoCAD DWG. No file is created. I am using Inventor Pro 2015 could the problem go away if I upgrade to 2016? I am on subscription I just have not had 2016 installed.

One problem I have also is I work for a large corporation so IT keeps our machines locked down so anything requiring "Admin" privileges has to be done by IT (which sucks!).

Keith

Message 7 of 8

Based on that then you must do the steps as I indicated in my posting..

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 8

bummer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report