Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Origin and line midpoints not turning green

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mattfurches
1483 Views, 8 Replies

Origin and line midpoints not turning green

for some silly reason all of a sudden when i create a circle on the origin  it is not turning green and constraining the circle to it. Also when i am creating a line from the midpoint of another line the midpoint is not turning green and the line is not constrained to that point. Anybody have any ideas? I have checked the autoproject origin box in the appl settings and it is active.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
blair
in reply to: mattfurches

Check that your Constraint Persistants and Constraint Inferance have not been turned off. Enter Sketch mode, from the Constraint drop-down menu make sure that they are selected.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 9
mattfurches
in reply to: blair

i have checked the persistence and it is on. Anybody else?

Message 4 of 9

In the same "Constrain" pull-down, click Constraint Options and verify that coincident and midpoint are checked. 

Patrick Miller

User Experience Designer
Fusion 360 Learning
Message 5 of 9

In my constrain drop down box i dont have an options button.
Message 6 of 9
JDMather

While in sketch environment right click in the graphics window and select Constraint Options.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
trumpy81

Does the attached image help?

I have been having similar problems, but it is quite random and only seems to happen at certain zoom levels. Sometimes I'm able to attach to the midpoints etc... as per normal, and sometimes the mouse becomes a little erratic and I cannot always select the point or line directly.

Although the points usually do show and change color as expected.

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 8 of 9
mattfurches
in reply to: trumpy81

it was the contraint options. for some unknown reason all the options had become unchecked. thanks for the help.

Message 9 of 9
k14348

right click --->constraint options ---->select all ----->apply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report