Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok, this is ridiculous - Ranting once again on splines instead or arcs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
acad-caveman
584 Views, 2 Replies

Ok, this is ridiculous - Ranting once again on splines instead or arcs

RANT!!!

Could someone please tell me how to stop Inventor from creating splines of in IDW where the geometry is in fact a true arc or circle?

This is absolutely ridiculous and maddening!

If it is a freaking arc or a radius, then make it a freaking arc or a radius instead of a spline!!!

If not, then give AutoCAD a tool to convert a spline into a true arc!!!

Come on Autodesk! Not everyone is using your product for design, some of us are doing so to actually make the damm parts that are drawn in Inventor! A spline that supposed to be an arc is wicked difficult - if not impossible - to send to a waterjet, laser or EDM to cut properly!!!

Please, give us a break and steal something from Solidworks if you have to, but do not give us idiotic and useless splines when it isn't necessary!

Thank You

Rant off!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

This is registered to our development team as an enhancement request. Currently the intersection of a cylindrical surface with a non-planar surface is exported as a polyline and not as arc or circle. I have forwarded also your comments to our development team.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 3 of 3

Daniela, Thank you very much for replying and noticing!

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that I'll bow at the feet of the entire development team when this is in the software!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report