Inventor General

Distinguished Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (357 Views)

Ok, this is ridiculous - Ranting once again on splines instead or arcs

357 Views, 2 Replies
09-23-2011 10:22 PM

RANT!!!

Could someone please tell me how to stop Inventor from creating splines of in IDW where the geometry is in fact a true arc or circle?

This is absolutely ridiculous and maddening!

If it is a freaking arc or a radius, then make it a freaking arc or a radius instead of a spline!!!

If not, then give AutoCAD a tool to convert a spline into a true arc!!!

Come on Autodesk! Not everyone is using your product for design, some of us are doing so to actually make the damm parts that are drawn in Inventor! A spline that supposed to be an arc is wicked difficult - if not impossible - to send to a waterjet, laser or EDM to cut properly!!!

Please, give us a break and steal something from Solidworks if you have to, but do not give us idiotic and useless splines when it isn't necessary!

Thank You

Rant off!

Product Support
Daniela_Koloszko
Message 2 of 3 (240 Views)

Re: Ok, this is ridiculous - Ranting once again on splines instead or arcs

09-27-2011 07:21 AM in reply to: acad-caveman

This is registered to our development team as an enhancement request. Currently the intersection of a cylindrical surface with a non-planar surface is exported as a polyline and not as arc or circle. I have forwarded also your comments to our development team.

Daniela Koloszko

Distinguished Contributor
Message 3 of 3 (224 Views)

Re: Ok, this is ridiculous - Ranting once again on splines instead or arcs

09-27-2011 07:45 AM in reply to: Daniela_Koloszko

Daniela, Thank you very much for replying and noticing!

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that I'll bow at the feet of the entire development team when this is in the software!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube