Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office 2010 and Inventor

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
sumayo
1429 Views, 9 Replies

Office 2010 and Inventor

I thought having 12 Gig of Ram my machine would be heaps fast.... Think again.... Just wondering if there is a problem with Office 2010 and Inventor...

It takes about a minute to copy, Material properties from one file to about 10 in Bill of Materials.

SolidWorks 2016
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pauldoubet
in reply to: sumayo

One reason you might not be seeing as much of a speed increase is that Inventor is not a multi-threaded application.

Inventor and Office 2010 are not compatible and won't be until Inventor 2012 is released.

Hope this helps, Paul

Message 3 of 10
Jon.Dean

Take a look at the following link, it explains in more detail:

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2010/07/can-you-use-excel-2010-in-inventor.html

Jon Dean

Message 4 of 10
sumayo
in reply to: Jon.Dean

What about Office 2010 (not just excel) causing interference in general?

My machine hangs (20 - 30 part .iam's) doing the simplest of tasks, eg, copying BOM data, placing content centre parts 

SolidWorks 2016
Message 5 of 10
g_petkov

I've been using Inventor 2011 Pro for 6 months now on Windows 7 x64 + MS Office 2010 x64. No problems whatsoever.

Editing iPart and iAssembly tables is lightning fast.

If you have issues with Inventor performance, they are NOT DUE to MS OFFICE 2010 compatibility!

Message 6 of 10
sumayo
in reply to: g_petkov

Good to hear, thanks I can check that off the listSmiley Happy

SolidWorks 2016
Message 7 of 10
ravikmb5

i am using office 2010 and iv 2011 both on 64 bit machine

i dont see any issues here

iparts works smooth

HP Workstation xw 8400

Please mark this response as Problem Solved if it answers your question.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravi Kumar MB,
i7 860 Dell Studio XPS Win 7 64 bit 12 Gb RAM & HP Z220 SFF Workstation
Autodesk Inventor Certified professional 2016
Email: ravikmb5@gmail.com

Message 8 of 10
Vlaci69
in reply to: Jon.Dean

I am working on 64bit Windows 7 with Inventor Pro 2011. I had no any issue with the Office 2007, but after a special offer of the Microsoft I upgraded the Office to the 2010 version. After this step I lost the iPart parameter editing function in Excel. I installed the Excel from the Office 2003 package, but it does not work. You are kindly requested to tell me, how can I set the Inventor, for using of the Excel 2003.

Many thanks in advance

Message 9 of 10
g_petkov
in reply to: Vlaci69

Vlaci69,

Like I said, I've never experienced any problems using Excel 2010 on Inventor Pro 2011. It looks like you've messed up your registry while upgrading from Office 2007 to 2010. If I were you, I'd reinstall the computer - this is the shortest procedure. Since you're using a 64-bit windows 7, I'd advise you to use the 64-bit Office 2010 and then install Inventor 2011 Pro.

Message 10 of 10
Vlaci69

Many thanks for you answer. I think, I found the keyword in your message: "64bit Office 2010". There was only the 32 bit version in the special Microsoft offert, maybe my probleme is based on the 32bit Office. I will reinstall my computer with the 64bit office and I hope it will work.

Best regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report