Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia Quadro 3000M compatibility?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ndra
4553 Views, 4 Replies

Nvidia Quadro 3000M compatibility?

Dear all,

I see on the autodesk certified hardware page http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/cert?siteID=123112&id=16391880 that the whole x000M Quadro line is qualified, except for 3000M. Is there a reason for it? Or did autodesk just forgot to write it down?

And of course, Muphys law dictates that the IT proposed laptops carry the 3000M chip.

Any help?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: ndra

According to Nvidia's web site, the 3000M supports DirectX 11 and is in the high-end part of the comparison matrix.  That's all you need to know.  It should run Inventor very well.  See more detailed information here.

One caution, though- if by any chance your new laptops will be running a 32-bit operating system (they wouldn't do that to you, would they?), the 3000M will be using half of your available address space, leaving only 2 GB for everything else, including RAM, which will have to accommodate OS as well as applications such as Inventor.

Message 3 of 5
kuttyr
in reply to: ndra

I have a similar problem. I have an Nvidia 3000M and it seems like it is not compatible with Alias 2012?! Is this true? When I contacted Dell they told me that if I continued using my graphic card, in the long run I would be degrading its performance. Also, obviously 2012 would be running slow.

Please let me know if this is true, and if there is any fix for this?

Message 4 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: kuttyr

You might get better answers in an Alias support forum; this one is for Inventor.  But I can't imagine why a high-end current Quadro GPU wouldn't be able to run Alias, or any other modeling application.  The info you received from Dell sounds bogus to me.

Message 5 of 5
kuttyr
in reply to: SBix26

I'll put this up in the alias forum, dint realise I had come to inventer.

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report