Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia Quadro 2000M not working with Inventor 2014

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cramporian
2571 Views, 5 Replies

Nvidia Quadro 2000M not working with Inventor 2014

Hi,

I upgraded from Inventor 2010 to 2014 on my Dell M4600 last week and it is running extremely slow and with loads of faults:

I am seeing missing letters from words in the ribbon menu

Pan function will not work

Many of the 'I' menu functions will not work i.e. Open,Save As, Save Copy As etc

Right click menu will not appear until the mouse is moved after right click

I have used the uninstall tool to clean the registry and perform a clean uninstall and re-installed this with virus protection switched off. I have also installed SP1 but saw no improvements and it is mostly unworkable.

I have been in touch with the support team that sold us the Inventor 2014 suite and they have told me that the NVIDIA Quadro 2000M is not suitable for use with Inventor 2014 and that it is a hardware issue.

When I got this computer 18 months ago this was the top of the range card available and I am surprised that this would be unsupported after such a short amount of time.

I have updated drivers for the NVIDIA card, the Intel onboard graphics and the latest BIOS. I've tried compatibility/performance modes and switching Optimus off via the Bios but nothing has helped.

Has anyone else got Inventor 2014 working with this graphics card?

I would reallly appreciate any help on this as I'm not sure it will even be possible to change the NVIDIA card to another type. Smiley Sad

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Paul-Mason
in reply to: cramporian

As this is a laptop then your stuck with it as these usually part of the laptop main board the 2000M is not a card certified by Autodesk BUT that dose not mean that it will not work, it may just mean that it has been tested and the page not updated as Autodesk seem to be a bit slow on this.

There is a list of all the certified card here :-

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534&results=1&stype=graphic&produ...

Second option is to go to the DELL website and find the lates driver for this card as it may have been specifically produced for Dell, and a note here to others who may have the same card in lets say a Samsung, that the drivers are produced specifically for that make/manufacture of a specific laptop and that there will be some differences in the performance and drivers.

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 3 of 6
Yijiang.Cai

Please take a look at the topic @ http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Make-Components-gt-Crash-IV2013/m-p/4814621#M497494. And Maybe it is related to the version of graphic card driver.
Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 4 of 6
cramporian

I have tried searching for an autodesk certified driver however there does not seem to be one for inventor - only autoCAD. I understand there are multiple drivers and so I was hoping someone out there might be running the same Dell M4600 with the same spec on Inventor 2014 to try and narrow down which driver might work.

There must be others out there who have tried (successfully or unsuccessfully) to run Inventor 2014 on this GPU??

I ran the smart scan tool on the NVIDIA website to determine the most compatible driver for this machine. I believe it was the same one as I downloaded from Dell.

My alternative is to try all the different drivers listed for various other applications on the INVIDIA website:

Quadro ODE Graphics Driver

Quadro Performance Driver

Quadro Partner Certified Driver

AutoCAD performance Driver

3DS Max Performance Driver

Mosaic Utility

Mercury Transmit Plugin

The link sent for the other thread seems to discuss the NVIDIA 2000 card not the NVIDIA 2000M which is the mobile version. I would assume the 2000 drivers will be totally different to the M version.

Message 5 of 6
dgorsman

The Quadro 2000M isn't, and has never been, top of the line video hardware.  Its an entry level card which should be OK for Inventor work.  But thats kind of beside the point.  Most of the problems with video hardware I've seen stem from conflicts between a dedicated video card and on-chip graphics, specifically with the nVidia Optimus technology which should choose the appropriate hardware for any given task (ie. low performance/power consumption for movies, apps, etc. and high performance/power consumption for high end software like Inventor).  First order of business is making sure the dedicated video card is in fact being used, and isn't conflicting with any on-chip graphics hardware.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 6
Pocharatek

Hello.

I have Lenowo ThinkPad W530 workstation with Quadro K2000M. Recently i've got an offer to upgrade IV 2012 to 2014 so i'm testing the trial version right now. As for now i don't see any problems with performance or faults.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report