Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nope lets not fix Inventor

31 REPLIES 31
Message 1 of 32
jletcher
1412 Views, 31 Replies

Nope lets not fix Inventor

Getting old..............

nice.JPG

nice 2.JPG

One side good one side not so good..

No need to fix Inventor ..............

31 REPLIES 31
Message 21 of 32

I understand what you are saying Curtis.. And you have helped me many times with ilogic and I thank you for it..

I did start out positive that did not get me my classic back Smiley Wink

And now don't care as much because I don't model as much but I will try to get them to understand the new interface slows users down and those that pay their wage is not happy about it.

Most are from Autocad they like how the command are in their face not hidden behind tabs and drop downs..

And if this new interface is moving forward then why have they not made it so Autocad can't have classic?  I think you can figure it out... You think I complain....

And if they want Inventor to be the replacement they need to make it so the will come..

Most of the people I try to get into Inventor will not because of the interface..

It is not my wallet hurting as long as Autodesk keeps Inventor hard to use I stay busy..

The change of the Material made me lots of money Smiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 32
James__S
in reply to: jletcher

you seemed to be the only one on the forum complaining about the interface.....i would not be complaining if as you say "The change of the Material made me lots of money" :smileyvery-happy:

Message 23 of 32
jletcher
in reply to: James__S

I have a few supporters out there......

The supporters I need will not buy Inventor because of the interface..... They stay with Autocad..

Maybe I need them to write Autodesk Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 32
mcgyvr

where is the "beating a dead horse" emoticon again?

jletcher wrote:

Most of the people I try to get into Inventor will not because of the interface..

and BS.. a new user wouldn't even know what the classic vs ribbon is and even if they did would not shy away from it solely because of that..
I'd love to hear your sales pitch.. I'd bet it comes off like this..

"Hey I'm James and this is Autodesk Inventor.. It used to be great until they made some updates to the user interface and now its just the slowest and least productive piece of software out there.. Would you like to buy a seat? "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 25 of 32
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a few supporters out there......

The supporters I need will not buy Inventor because of the interface..... They stay with Autocad..

Maybe I need them to write Autodesk Smiley Happy

They stay with Autocad because you don't know how to properly sell the benefits.. (Thats a tip for any sales people.. You don't sell a product on its features.. You sell the benefits those features provide)

and yes I'm sure there are a "few" supporters... A "few" doesn't cut it when the "many" are going the other way.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 26 of 32
stephengibson76

I like the ribbon and have found myself RMB holding and dragging to 8 oclock, (find in browser on marketing menu) constantly whilst in assemblies, maybe because I now organize my assembly browser with multiple folders...  there are changes I dont like such as the materials, but hey ho, live learn adapt...

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 27 of 32
James__S

"I have a few supporters out there"......please do not introduce then to this forum.....ones enough

Message 28 of 32
blair
in reply to: stephengibson76

I just "Un-Group" all the Tabs and it helps, can't stand looking at drop-down menus and wondering what's behind them. At least with Inventor I can Un-Group all the commands, I feel for the poor ACAD users that don't have that option, and yes, I give Peter Lord a bad time about the Ribbon Interface and smurffy blue icons.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 29 of 32
jletcher
in reply to: mcgyvr

They see it because I only have Inventor 10 on laptop I flip it to ribbon to show what the new release will look like... Nothing in the new releases that I can't show with 10.. When new laptop comes 2015 will go on it after the service back.. 2015 has many different things and does not work the same as 10 so I will have to update now..

Most of my people are sheet metal in Autocad... Normal cut in 2015 will make some of those that wanted Inventor happy.

Plus they have Autocad that loads with new Interface and I get calls to tell them how to change it back to classic...

Notice how Autodesk has not changed it to new interface only? why?

And I don't even say anything about the new interface time difference to new clients unless asked.. And I have been asked..

You have to remember they are normal to have the commands in the icon in one area not 10 tabs 3 drop downs...

And this is who Autodesk needs to sell Inventor to.. It will be hard pressed for them to steal Solidworks users they love it. And to get Autocad users you have to make them comfortable with Inventor not scare them away with 3 clicks to get to a command.. Just saying..

You all have to give me some credit the more that go to Inventor the more clients to help so getting them to Inventor or a 3D packageis a goal but the production of the client is priority. They trust me and know me well if I say something the listen but also hold me accountable. I don't get to many calls for Autocad some not many..

Most I show 3D packages to pick Solid Edge over Inventor or Solidworks... Still a client but rather them go to Inventor I have more experience with Inventor.

Message 30 of 32
jletcher

They don't care about features they care about time it take to get out the door.

And if they have to hunt down a command that is time wasted to them...

You are selling to the user that is easy try to sell to the one that buys the software not so easy he is concerned with time not features...

And trust me they pick out their best cad user and we have a race you can say.. 

Most don't need assemblies just parts there are more job shops out there then manufacture of assemblies and this is how Autodesk needs to get more seats of Inventor out there. Hard to convert already 3D users on other software to Inventor but to get Autocad users to it is easy as long as you show them a comfort and the new interface don't do it..

And if you ask me I am trying to sell more seats for them rather then complaining if you look pasts hating me for wanting classic back..

Message 31 of 32
jletcher

So these guys are not complaining for showcase.. Funny looks like they are doing the same as me..

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Product-Design-Suite-2015/td-p/4914386/page/4

And I had many supporters for Classic when the new interface came out but they gave up... I don't give up as easy... Good thing and bad thing lol....

Message 32 of 32
4donwan4

I will just state when issues are brought to our attention they are logged with development tem to address. We try to position the end users issue as best we can.

Regards,

Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report