Inventor General

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 11 of 17 (152 Views)

Re: Non-unique project file names

03-19-2013 07:45 AM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Hi Curtis,

It is not that we create multiple files with the same name as much as it is a case where we

moved these files around in the vault and then when rechecked out they seem to be recalling

past and present paths.  Now, if I am checking these out of the vault and over writing what is on the

local this message in theory shouldn't happen.  Right?

So whether they are on the local really shouldn't matter.  As far as selecting the correct path and then

saving the file, I have done that with no success.

This message makes sense if you are calling files up from the local and they exist in more then one location.

But if you are calling these files up from the vault and there is only one file in one location within the vault, then this message should not appear.  A specially if files were moved around within the vault.

This is why this message is confusing to me.

Inventor Suite 2012
Windows 7

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2013
(Colossians 3:23-25)

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 12 of 17 (146 Views)

03-19-2013 07:56 AM in reply to: Cadmanto

Hi Cadmanto,

I don't use Vault enough these days to know it well, but from memory if you synch your workspace so that it cleans up the old paths and files to match what is vaulted, would that be a solution?

http://underthehood-autodesk.typepad.com/blog/2010/10/cleaning-up-your-vault-workspace.html

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 13 of 17 (141 Views)

03-19-2013 08:09 AM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Curtis,

That sounds good and one would think that would work, but vault will tag the file with the sync symbol when it does need syncing.  So I would believe that if this pathing was an issue with the file, vault would tag it.

What I have experienced is the syncing occurs when revisions get changed and the properties within the file need to be updated.  Thus needing to be synced.

Like I said before, I really don't understand why this message occurs if files are coming directly out of the vault.  A specially if vault is supposedly take care of all links when things get renamed, moved or deleted.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 14 of 17 (135 Views)

03-19-2013 08:14 AM in reply to: Cadmanto

Hi Cadmanto,

Have you considered posting these questions to the Vault forum, maybe?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/bd-p/101

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 15 of 17 (133 Views)

03-19-2013 08:18 AM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

No, only because I was piggy backing this thread that was similar to what I was seeing and this is the forum it started in.  I can, but it appears to me that this issue is not exclusive to vault, but rather to Inventor seeing how the OP has the same message and vault was not the cause.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Distinguished Mentor
swhite
Message 16 of 17 (124 Views)

03-19-2013 08:53 AM in reply to: LT.Rusty

And if not replace that file with the exact same one using ctrl+h. You are correct, after saving it should update, although you may have to check out that part.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Distinguished Mentor
swhite
Message 17 of 17 (123 Views)

03-19-2013 08:56 AM in reply to: Cadmanto

I notice you know have two different stanfdard part directories. thus is because everytime you use a content center part or library part a copy is still placed on you HD. it no longer knows if you want to use the old file structure or the new file structure for old existing parts.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube