Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Circular, Non-rectangular pattern

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sean.brogan
289 Views, 2 Replies

Non-Circular, Non-rectangular pattern

I am currently trying to model a multi cavity mould tool. The cavities themselves do not follow either a circular or rectangular pattern.

I have modelled one of the cavities using a revolve internal to the tool. I have also sketched out on the upper surface centre points where I need the cavities to be.

I was hoping I would be able to copy the cavity feature, select a base point and then use the centres from my second sketch to place the cavities.

I dont know if its just me but I dont seem to be able to find this option. The copy and paste feature will likely work but it is hugely long winded positioning each cavity individually.

Does anyone know of any method I might be able to use to model such a part?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mpatchus
in reply to: sean.brogan

Look at creating an ifeature for the cavity.

ifeature.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: sean.brogan

Can you attach the ipt file here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report