Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ribbon bar change on new part start up.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
DMRichardson
396 Views, 4 Replies

No ribbon bar change on new part start up.

Hello,

When i place a new part (N) it jumps straight to the sketch, which is good, but it does not show the sketch icons in the ribbon bar.

Is it something to do with the template? i tried saving the template with a diferent sketch but no luck.

Thanks

David Richardson.

Regards
David Richardson
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: DMRichardson

hi,

at least for inventor 2012, i have seen this from time to time during in place edit from within a parent assy.

from what i can gather i think it is a bug that was supposedly fixed in the latest service pack however i saw it again last night.

it is inconsisten and sometimes when i see this, i have trouble returning to the finish edit via normal commands. it actually takes a double click on the top level assembly to get back to a normal state. if you then enter into edit in place on the part that was just created, and then edit the sketch, the ribbon acts as it should.

i am yet to resolve this as it does not seem consistent, at least for me working from several computers from time to time, even though they all have the same service pack etc.

one thing i did notice though is a setting inside the application options as per the attached image. setting no sketch causes the issue, and choosing the sketch on "whatever plane you prefer" seems to resolve at least part of the issue.

if you have the "no sketch" option chosen already maybe try changing it and let me know how it goes...

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 3 of 5
DMRichardson
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

Yes, I've come across that one too, this is not quite the same as I don't have any other issue other than the lack of sketch options. When I exit and enter the sketch again it acts as normal. Thanks David
Regards
David Richardson
Message 4 of 5
DMRichardson
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

Sorry, the email i got didn't contain your full answer,

That solves it, thanks!

Regards
David Richardson
Message 5 of 5
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: DMRichardson

excellent,

thanks for the feedback

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report