Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Image File Background Option

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MRanda
196 Views, 2 Replies

No Image File Background Option

I have no image file option (grayed out --see attached image) in the 'Colors' tab of the 'Application Options'. I was wondering if this is another Windows 7 specific glitch or if there are others with this problem who are on supported operating systems. I'm creating videos for YouTube, and need to create my own background. Thanks 🙂

Open Design Project
Inventor Category of Blog
Windows 7 Ultimate RC1
Inventor 2010 SP1
Raid 0 - 2 WD VelociRaptor HDs
1.5 TB WD Caviar Black Raid Storage
3.00G Phenom II X4 945 Quad Core Processor
Nvidia 8800 GT 512mb Driver 185.85
8 Gig DDR 2 1066 mhz Ram
Dual 23" Acer Monitors
Space Plot Motion Controller

Intel i7-6700K Liquid Cooled CPU
MSI GTX GeForce 1080 AERO 8GB OC Graphics
32 Gigs DDR 4 Ram
500 GB SSD OS Drive
4TB SSHD File Server Drive
Windows 10 Pro
Applied Design Intelligence
http://applieddesignintelligence.com/
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: MRanda

Where is has the "Gradient" drop down change that to "background image" then the folder next to the background image location should allow you to click on it and select an image.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
MRanda
in reply to: MRanda

Thank you very much mcgyvr! Tip for Windows 7 users:

In the 'Open' dialog, I had to start typing the name of the image to get a suggestion drop-down where I could select it. It does the same thing for any file outside of the project file during normal use.

Once selected, I hit the open button which placed the file name in the box, but that is as far as things go. You do not get the 'Apply' option--- it applies automatically. But you will not see the changes unless you have a file open. Without a file open, Inventor has a different background.

Also, the image backgrounds are not scaling correctly on my Acer H233H 23" widescreen monitors. Text at the bottom of the background images is chopped in half.

Thanks again mcgyvr
Intel i7-6700K Liquid Cooled CPU
MSI GTX GeForce 1080 AERO 8GB OC Graphics
32 Gigs DDR 4 Ram
500 GB SSD OS Drive
4TB SSHD File Server Drive
Windows 10 Pro
Applied Design Intelligence
http://applieddesignintelligence.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report