Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New route failed error...

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
685 Views, 10 Replies

New route failed error...

I am trying to use the Tube and Pipe feature...but no matter what I do, I get this error. Any ideas?
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I guess I'll answer my own question...by changing the name of the assembly from "Top.iam" to something else...it now works.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Okay...my answer was wrong...I am experiencing this again. It seems like something that is happening because of what it is naming the assembly and part files and/or where it is storing them. Any ideas or insight?
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Could you please attach the active T&P style (exported xml file) used to
create the route?

BTW, please provide the version and service pack number of Inventor you are
using.

Thanks,
Henry
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

I'm still having this problem...I've attached the xml file...but it is just one of the default T&P styles. I can't get it to work with any of the styles. I also tried loggin on to someone elses machine and I get the same error.
Message 6 of 11
ruth-chunhua.hu

I checked your attached default style, which is no problem. Did you new route and meet the error dialog when you applied this default style or other custom styles? Could you please let me know more detail info about the context steps of your issue? So that I could do complete investigation.

Thanks,
Ruth Hu(Autodesk)
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

I have not yet created any custom styles. I can't get the "out-of-the-box" styles to work.

I'll try to explain our setup and my workflow:

We have Autodesk Vault 2009 with Inventor 2009. We work under the single-project method with Vault. Our Vault is on its own dedicated server.

Basically, (1) I start a new assembly file and save it. Then (2) I select the "Create New Pipe Run" command. Then (3) I click the OK button to accept the default values for the run file name and path. (It activates the run for me.) Then (4) I click the "New Route" button...it gives me the attached error message.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

I have tried to create a route with all of the possible styles...

I have also tried to switch projects...still with no luck...
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

I even (1) activated the tutorial project, (2) opened a tutorial piping assembly, and (3) tried to create a new route...and I still got the error message.
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

I've also tried and got the same results from another user's computer.
Message 11 of 11
ruth-chunhua.hu

I still did not meet your issue.
Which OS with Inventor 2009 did you use?
Here I need you help to try the steps as below:
1. Launch Inventor 2009
2. Unload some add-ins except T&P and Content Center on Add-In Manager(Tool->Add-Ins..)
3. Close Inventor, then re-launch Inventor.
4. New one single project
5. New an assembly and save it
6. Create one pipe run.
7. New route, see whether it works.

Thanks,
Ruth Hu(Autodesk)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report