Inventor General

gs
gs
Message 11 of 14 (177 Views)

Re: New file dialog 2013

12-06-2012 06:04 AM in reply to: mrattray

My templates are local. The delay is 15 sec.

I have also Inventor 2012 on my laptop - no problem.

Distinguished Contributor
brian.cranston
Message 12 of 14 (164 Views)

12-06-2012 08:16 AM in reply to: gs

What happens when you turn off Grouped by Type?  In the new file dialog, select the pulldown from the upper right corner, deselect the checkmark (assuming it's checked).

-Brian

*Expert Elite*
mrattray
Message 13 of 14 (151 Views)

12-06-2012 10:12 AM in reply to: VinodBalasubramanian

Sorry I got side tracked after your reply back when this thread was started and forgot all about it.

Vinod, I'm not sure what option here you're suggesting I change.

Capture.JPG

Sam/Brian, my templates are stored in a network location. I'll try to find time to test local templates later (I don't want to unload what I'm working on right now). I also didn't/don't have any problem with 2012. I tried the grouping option, but I didn't see any noticble change.

Gs, the delay I was and am now still seeing is around 3 seconds. I blame my problem on fancy interface changes trumping performance; your problem sounds like it may be more severe.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Contributor
kirscherj2
Message 14 of 14 (94 Views)

02-20-2013 11:28 AM in reply to: gs

Is there an update on this issue? or Solution? I just have "Upgraded" to 2013 from 2011 and we are experiencing this same issue. Accept some of the time it freezes. It is so annoying that i've been reverting to using 2011 instead.

They are located on our network so if there is any changes we all get the updated file.

Please help!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube