Inventor General

Mentor
RobJV
Message 1 of 8 (1,711 Views)

New IBL Environments

1711 Views, 7 Replies
12-16-2010 09:57 AM

Hi,

I know there isn't presently a supported way of getting new IBL environments (Empty Lab, Dry Salt Bed etc...) into Inventor but this would sure make a great Labs application or update available to customers.  Bill Bogan or others at Autodesk, do you have any insight into what will be availlable or if we will be able to see some new environments.  Even some new IBL downloads would be great.

Thanks,

Rob

Employee
bill.bogan
Message 2 of 8 (1,655 Views)

Re: New IBL Environments

12-17-2010 08:11 AM in reply to: RobJV

Hi Rob,

Thanks for bringing this up. We are aware of the need for additional environments for Inventor.

I can't go into details, of course, but suffice it to say we're well aware of the issue.

With the diverse industries using Inventor, it would be a good idea to make it possible to get/build what you need.

Thanks again,

Bill

Bill Bogan
Principal Content Developer
Design, Lifecycle, and Simulation
Autodesk, Inc.
DaveRank3265
Message 3 of 8 (1,351 Views)

02-11-2012 07:33 AM in reply to: bill.bogan

Any update on this?

I want to create a new environment like the Old Warehouse but using my client's real location.

I have 3DS Max.  I see the .exr and .fbx files in the Environments folder.  Image map .png's are straightforward.

Mentor
RobJV
Message 4 of 8 (1,128 Views)

10-23-2012 03:39 PM in reply to: RobJV

Inventor 2013 - any step by step tutorials to allow this or any way of installing new IBL environments?

If I knew for sure it worked I could muddle my way through the xml, hdri image, png files etc.  but do not want to try if it is impossible.

Thanks,

Rob

juanchonesa8703
Message 5 of 8 (1,043 Views)

IBL Environments trouble

12-05-2012 07:48 AM in reply to: RobJV

Good day,

This might sound unusual, but I'm having trouble with IBL Environments on Inventor, I designed a part in my workstation, I did not set up any environment for this, however, I transfered this part to a coworker and now the part shows up with an IBL Environment on his workstation.. the question is, how do I turn the environment off? nothing seems to be different when I go to the Inventor Studio tab but the environment is still on, this makes the edition and analysis of the model really difficult.

Thank you,

Juan

Mentor
RobJV
Message 6 of 8 (1,033 Views)

Re: IBL Environments trouble

12-05-2012 09:05 AM in reply to: juanchonesa8703

Nothing to do with studio and nothing unusual.  Your coworker simply has the IBL turned on in the view settings.  Just turn it to default or two lights.

rmartinez
Message 7 of 8 (602 Views)

10-22-2013 11:11 AM in reply to: bill.bogan

Is there any up date about having extra IBLs?

The Old Warehouse is the only one used to create a presentation for all our clients and internal projects, It would be great to have some more options.

*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 8 of 8 (592 Views)

10-22-2013 11:39 AM in reply to: rmartinez

Don't think there is any update still..

Fairly sure you can create new ones in showcase though..

Of course the Autodesk help page says you can go to the Autodesk APP exchange and download/purchase new ones but I can't find any at all..

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Down with IDW/DWG files..... Long live 3D PMI... Hurry it up already..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube