Inventor General

*Jim Tippett
Message 1 of 3 (70 Views)

New Error: "The handle is invalid"

70 Views, 2 Replies
07-20-2004 02:03 PM
For various reasons (thank you Mr. Gates) I had to reinstall the operating system (Windows XP). I started with an fdisk and proceeded installing windows xp with all service packs. I then went about installing the rest of the programs I use on a regular basis including R8 SP1. When I attempted to open a file I got the following error: "The handle is invalid". In our office we have reinstalled the operating system on several systems and never seen this error. The hardware is a 2Ghz AMD 2600 running on 1.25gb RAM. Assuming a bad install I went down the path of fdisk, formatting and installing the operating system again, still the same problem. Any ideas would be much appreciated.....
*Karl Maas
Message 2 of 3 (70 Views)

Re: New Error: "The handle is invalid"

07-22-2004 06:03 AM in reply to: *Jim Tippett
so, you can start Invenyor fine but you can't open ANY R8 file? not even the samples that come with IV? What about a new file? K "Jim Tippett" wrote in message news:40fd8868$1_2@newsprd01... > For various reasons (thank you Mr. Gates) I had to reinstall the operating > system (Windows XP). I started with an fdisk and proceeded installing > windows xp with all service packs. I then went about installing the rest of > the programs I use on a regular basis including R8 SP1. When I attempted to > open a file I got the following error: "The handle is invalid". In our > office we have reinstalled the operating system on several systems and never > seen this error. The hardware is a 2Ghz AMD 2600 running on 1.25gb RAM. > Assuming a bad install I went down the path of fdisk, formatting and > installing the operating system again, still the same problem. Any ideas > would be much appreciated..... > >
Contributor
ir555
Message 3 of 3 (70 Views)

Re: New Error: "The handle is invalid"

11-12-2004 07:18 AM in reply to: *Jim Tippett
Did you ever find a solution to this problem - or find out what was causing it.

I currently have the same problem and need to fix it asap!

Regards
Danny

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube