Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Error: "The handle is invalid"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
294 Views, 2 Replies

New Error: "The handle is invalid"

For various reasons (thank you Mr. Gates) I had to reinstall the operating system (Windows XP). I started with an fdisk and proceeded installing windows xp with all service packs. I then went about installing the rest of the programs I use on a regular basis including R8 SP1. When I attempted to open a file I got the following error: "The handle is invalid". In our office we have reinstalled the operating system on several systems and never seen this error. The hardware is a 2Ghz AMD 2600 running on 1.25gb RAM. Assuming a bad install I went down the path of fdisk, formatting and installing the operating system again, still the same problem. Any ideas would be much appreciated.....
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

so, you can start Invenyor fine but you can't open ANY R8 file? not even the samples that come with IV? What about a new file? K "Jim Tippett" wrote in message news:40fd8868$1_2@newsprd01... > For various reasons (thank you Mr. Gates) I had to reinstall the operating > system (Windows XP). I started with an fdisk and proceeded installing > windows xp with all service packs. I then went about installing the rest of > the programs I use on a regular basis including R8 SP1. When I attempted to > open a file I got the following error: "The handle is invalid". In our > office we have reinstalled the operating system on several systems and never > seen this error. The hardware is a 2Ghz AMD 2600 running on 1.25gb RAM. > Assuming a bad install I went down the path of fdisk, formatting and > installing the operating system again, still the same problem. Any ideas > would be much appreciated..... > >
Message 3 of 3
ir555
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you ever find a solution to this problem - or find out what was causing it.

I currently have the same problem and need to fix it asap!

Regards
Danny

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report